How To Protect Your Home From Bed Bugs
Nothing is as bad as having bed bugs in your home. Regardless of how clean and neat you keep your home, these hitchhikers can move into your home through clothing, bedding, boxes, furniture or bedding. Bedbugs feed every 5-10 days. However, they are very resilient and can last for months without feeding.
If you’re worried about a bed bug infestation in your home, these amazing tips should help you clear everything effortlessly.
• If you love buying furniture from second-hand markets, inspect everything thoroughly before bringing it home with you.
• Bed bugs love hiding in the corners of the furniture such as couches and beds. Therefore, if you want to avoid these nasty little pests from settling in your house, make sure your mattresses are encased with protective covers. If possible, you can switch out your wooden beds and furniture for the spring variety.
• Also, they love hiding in cluttered spaces in your house. Therefore, organize everything every week to avoid any infestations.
• Your carpets and rugs are also common hiding places for bed bugs. Wash them frequently and vacuum every day to remove any dirt or debris that might bring them to your home.
• If you don’t have your laundry machine at home, you might bring the pests into your home from the public laundry places. Of course, since they are usually affected by heat, you should consider removing your clothes from the dryer and directly into the bag. If you let them cool down, it’s likely that the pests might hitchhike into your home from the shared laundry facilities.
• If you suspect that your house has been infested, you should consider trying this all natural bed bug repellent by CedarCide. I know it worked for a friend of mine. Other ideas include getting a portable heat chamber to get rid of any pests. If possible, take all the furniture, mattresses, beddings and anything else out in the sun. The heat should be able to kill the animals before they become vigilant.
In conclusion, you should always consider calling a professional bed bug removal company to clear out any infestations. Remember, most of these teams have a control method that allows your home to be protected from any future infestations. Therefore, check thoroughly to find the best bed bug removal company in your area for the best results. Of course, you can always ask for recommendations from your neighbors or relatives who have hired someone previously. Check online also to find the best removal company for bed bugs in your area.